Friday 11 March 2011

Home cook food for my lil' angel's birthday

To tell you the truth, I seldom cook like this.  I only cook occasionally.  Working full time and taking care of 2 kids + 1 big one (you know who I mean..LOL)..is really exhausted.  Well, I'm blessed to be able to still enjoy my mom's home cook food everyday!!  Da best of all!!  so below is what I've cooked with hubby for my lil angel's birthday.  She is 6 years old this year and will be going to primary school next year.  I wish her good health and happiness forever.  This is the most important thing in our life.  I always talk to her how lucky we are..and every time she will tell me how lucky she is!  Yes, we are very lucky and blessed (including everyone out there)

Okay, I saw this recipe in the Ikea's book and thought it would be good to try it out.  It says:
An instant recipe to be a Swedish Chef!  well maybe mine doesn't look like the picture they have shown LOL

Crispy Lemon and Herb Butter Chicken

This meatball also refering to a recipe book ..my first try on that recipe and it turns out still okay.  Next time, I should add some prawns so then it will taste better.

Meatballs with water chestnut

Stir fried Broccoli

Homemade mash potatoes and Bacon chip
This is another dish that I tried for the first time.. normally I cook spaghetti. So this fettucine needs to cook for a bit longer. The sauce to accompany it also took me longer than usual and ended up everyone is waiting for it. This again from the Ikea's book and I'll post the recipe at the bottom for reference.
I think I'm new to this kind of taste and my family too LOL.  All the while I've been cooking the creamy sauce for spaghetti, but this time for a change, I thought why not try new things. Ended.. it's not a popular dish *^*  Maybe I should try new things when it's just a normal dinner so not to get disappointed with the taste *v*

Slow Roasted Tomato & Peppers Prawn Pasta

Lastly we have the fruits platter and all the kids enjoy it so much.  Of course I can see what they like as they only took their favourites and left the starfruit! My eldest sis was helping me with this and she should have cut the starfruit into star shape to attract them. Well I've told her the idea and next time I think she knows what to do ^v^

Fruits platter

Here is the recipe from Ikea:

Crispy Lemon and Herb Butter Chicken

Ingredients

1 fresh chicken
1 bunch each of these herbs: fresh basil, flat parsley, fresh rosemary
2 lemons
2 cloves of garlic
150g butter at room temperature
3 tbs olive oil
Salt and pepper

Method:
1. In a mixing bowl, mix them all together
   - Room temperature butter
   - Chop all the herbs
   - Grate all the lemon zest (without the bitter white of the lemon peel)
   - Grate the garlic
   - Squeeze the lemon juice

2. Carefully loosen the skin from the chicken and spread the above ingredients from mixing bowl evenly between the chicken skin and the meat.
3. Oil and season the chicken all over with salt and pepper.
4. Cook in an oven for 50 minutes at 225 degree C.

** Some tools from Ikea to help you with this ~ KOMMERS herb chopper, CHARM grater, KONCIS roasting tin.. check it out at Ikea.com


Slow Roasted Tomato & Peppers Prawn Pasta
Ingredients

A group
4 large tomatoes, skinned and roughly chopped
1 small red and yellow capsicum, sliced
1 tablespoon ginger strips
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 red onions, chopped
4 green chilli padi, crushed
4 tablespoons olive oil
50ml water
1 teaspoon salt

B group
4 large fresh water prawns (udang galah), halved
1 packet fettucine cooked according to packet instructions
2 stalks spring onions, chopped

Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degree C conventional heat setting.
2. Put all the ingredients in A group into a casserole dish.
3. Cover and bake for 40 minutes. 
4. Remove the dish from the oven and turn up the oven temperature to 180 degree C.
5. Add the prawns, cover and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and toss in the pasta.
7. Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment